Home

Monday, November 7, 2011

Fateful

FatefulFateful by Claudia Gray


My rating: 3 of 5 stars




Fateful is a simple story yet with an intriguing plot and setting, Titanic and werewolf, how cool is that! It is an easy read, I honestly love Claudia Gray’s writing style but this time she offered us a very foreseeable story. Everything is predictable from beginning to the end. There are no big surprises in the plot maybe because of the limitations in the story settings. Also there is simply no chance for character and plot development. Everything was crammed in just a few days, and that makes the story a little bit lame. The romance is just one of those instant loves that is popular nowadays but sadly it was not delivered very well. I really can’t feel any connection between Tess and Alec and that makes me really sad.


One thing that I like about the book is that Mikhail, the villain, is really creepy. His character is so cruel and horrific that every time he is on the scene the hair on my neck is rising. I just hope that the histories of the Brotherhood were explored very well.


Though I found so many things that I didn’t like about the book, amazingly I still had fun reading it. There is magic in this book that kept me on reading. It may not be a fascinating read as I’m hoping it would be it really didn’t disappoint me that much. So all in all Fateful is an ok read.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment