Home

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Born at Midnight

Born at Midnight (Shadow Falls, #1)Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter


My rating: 3 of 5 stars




Born at Midnight is one of those books that has a beautiful cover but the story didn’t deliver very well. It is an easy read but somehow boring. Kylie , our main protagonist, is not a likable one. Found her too immature, but given the situation she’s in, it is sort of understandable.


About the story plot, there is nothing special on it. Too bland for my taste I think. And it is just so ordinary. And is there really a love triangle going on here??? I’m not really convinced that there is one. The supposed to be tension between Lucas and Derek is simply not there. Or the intensity of attraction that Kylie should feel between Lucas and Derek really fell flat. Totally not convincing… and honestly, I’m not even surprised about the very little revelation in Kylie’s life. It is somehow predictable.


I’m not really a big fan of the book but I’m curious enough to read “Awake at Dawn” because I wanted to know what kind of paranormal Kylie is. I’m going to give the series another shot but if there is no improvement, I’m done with it.










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment