Home

Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer (Mara Dyer, #1)Title: The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer 
Author: Michelle Hodkin
Series: Mara Dyer # 1
Published: Sept. 27, 2011 by Simon & Schuster
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 452
Genre: YA Paranormal/Romance/Mystery


My rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★


Summary:  
Mara Dyer doesn't think life can get any stranger than waking up in a hospital with no memory of how she got there.
          It can.
She believes there must be more to the accident she can't remember that killed her friends and left her mysteriously unharmed.There is.She doesn't believe that after everything she's been through, she can fall in love.She's wrong.



My Thoughts:


I started reading this book with the knowledge that it is good but I’m not expecting it to be a freaking mind tripping kind of a read. I admit it is confusing at first, or maybe the entire read, but in a good way. Maybe because Mara is as confused as I am. Mara suffered a PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) after an accident involving her and her friends. She can’t remember what happened and as a reader I am really feeling what she is going through.


To be honest, I still can’t figure out how to explain and express my feelings about this book without giving out spoilers. All I know is that I really enjoyed and had fun reading this. And I really love the characters, Mara, her brothers Daniel and Joseph, Jamie and of course Noah Shaw. He is alluring and captivating, oh my heart is melting… I love the chemistry between Noah and Mara. I like the story plot though there are still some unanswered questions and not much was resolved in the story. The book is not perfect, it has its own flaws but it won’t make you stop on turning the pages until you reach the last one. And I am now in desperate need for the sequel…


Michelle Hodkin cleverly weaves together a story full of tension, romance and mystery. A job well done. Now if you still don’t have a copy of this book, don’t hesitate and pick it up.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment