Home

Monday, March 5, 2012

Clarity

Clarity by Kim HarringtonTitle: Clarity 
Author: Kim Harrington
Series: Clarity # 1
Published: Feb. 01, 2012 by Scholastic Point [1st published March 01, 2011]
Format: Paperback
Pages: 242
Genre: YA Paranormal/Mystery


My rating: ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
Don't close your eyes. Except when the truth is too dark to bear.Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.And a curse.When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case -- but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother -- who has supernatural gifts of his own -- becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?


My Thoughts:


Clarity is a surprisingly good read. I love the direct approach in the story, no unnecessary additions just to make the story longer and I like that. I do appreciate the fact that it is a one heck of a fast read and the results is me craving for more.


The strong point of this story is both the characters and the plot. It is well balanced which is a delight for the readers like me. I love Clare because she is a tough cookie. Don’t mess with her and you will definitely regret it. Her character is really good, she is not perfect but for the most part she is just normal who wants normal things without complaining too much.


The plot is really good too; it is not a superb one but definitely worth the time reading. The mystery part with a somehow a paranormal twist is such a good idea. It is almost the same as The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting but the differences are very noticeable. It is a little predictable too but the way it was written is just good. Like I said direct approach to the story.


Is there really a love triangle in here because I don’t feel any. Though I really love both Justin and Gabriel because they are so different and yet the same. For me, they are both mysterious. I love the predictions in the end too.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment