Home

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren OliverTitle: Pandemonium 
Author: Lauren Oliver
Series: Delirium # 2
Published: Feb. 28, 2012 by HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 375
Genre: YA Dystopia


My rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★


My Thoughts:

With the recent book sequels that I have read for the past few weeks, I have been disappointed. I feel like that some sequels are just book fillers. And because of that I am not really expecting anything amazing about this book Pandemonium ; I don’t want to be disappointed anymore so I just stop expecting.


But surprisingly, Lauren Oliver did prove me wrong! Pandemonium is truly a splendid read! She never fails to captivate me in her lyrical kind of way of presenting a story, truly marvelous!


I love the improvement in the story plot. Upon reading it, the difference between Delirium and Pandemonium writing strategy is very noticeable. I also love the fact that this book is a bit faster pace than the first one. The “now” and “then” aspect of the story is really good.


Character wise, Lena is definitely way better here than in Delirium. She is a lot stronger and fierce, I simply adore the fact that she is now independent and she can fight for herself now without any further help from others. New set of characters are pretty admirable too.


Pandemonium had a lot of sad moments though it clearly depicted the reality of their world. It just makes the story more real. Obviously I love everything about the book. But I got to admit the cliffhanger ending did leave me breathless! I want more!






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment