Home

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Book Haul (32)


BOOK HAUL





Last week, my family had a vacation at Singapore, one of the best country that I ever been to. We had a blast, my son especially. Of course, my trip wouldn’t be complete without buying books. So here are the books that I’ve got…









  • Cinder by Marissa Meyer (do I need to say more? I have been pining for this book ever since I heard about it. Finally! I have my own copy)
  • Forgiven by Jana Oliver (this is the U.K. edition, the 3rd book in the Demon Trapper series which I seriously love)
  • Outside In by Maria V. Snyder (love the 1st book, Inside Out, but I just can’t find a copy of this book in my country so when I saw this in Kinokuniya Books in Singapore I immediately grab it)
  • The Name of the Star by Maureen Johnson (Jack the Ripper based story and I wanted to read it. This is another U.K. edition book but I love this cover better than the U.S. one)
  • Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally (one of those contemporary read that really had an intriguing plot and I have been reading great reviews about this one too)
  • Eona by Alison Goodman (EON is really really good! So definitely I am excited to read this one. I just waited for the paperback of it to match my copy of Eon)


What books did you get in this week? leave a link in the comments section for your post and I'll be happy to check it out! 



7 comments:

  1. I really liked Name of The Star!! I hope you enjoy it!!

    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED The Name of the Star and Cinder. Two of my favorite 5 star books! I hope you love them too!

    Kristan @ Lost Amongst the Shelves: STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Name of the Star is an interesting book ;) Cinder is one of the best books. <3 As is Eona :D but, you have read Eon, right? You can't read Eona without having read Eon first :D Hope you enjoy them all ;)
    Thank you for commenting on my mailbox. <3
    Love, Carina @ Carina's Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great haul this week. You were in Singapore? Awesome. I was just somewhere nearby, hovering at the sidelines. I was in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia specifically. ;D
    I LOVE the Eon series and am looking forward to Alison Goodman's next project.
    I still have yet to dog into The Name of the Star. I need to because the plot is delicious and intriguing. Jack the Ripper! I've always had a thing for crime thrillers, mysteries and murders.
    Happy Reading

    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Singapore is a lovely country. And a very clean one, I must say! Glad you enjoyed your trip! :)

    Amazing haul of books! Cinder! Catching Jordan! Eona! Outside In! <3 I love Maria V Snydrer's books! Hopefully you'll enjoy reading her works too, Chelle! Happy reading! :)

    Thanks for stopping by! :) I'm so sorry that it takes me awhile to return the favor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVED Catching Jordan!!! And Cinder looks awesome. I hope you enjoy everything! Sorry for the late response, but thanks for stopping by my STS :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. CINDER!! Oh my goodness, Chelle, you have to read that book ASAP -- I adored it like crazy! x) And no, it's not just my crazy high adoration for anything that has to do with fairytales LOL. Marissa Meyer is just one of those awesome authors that you can't help but admire for their creativity! And I still haven't continued on with the Demon Trappers series yet but I'm planning on it soon, especially after I adored the first one! :)

    Amazing book haul this week, Chelle! <3 I hope you love them all!

    ReplyDelete