Home

Monday, October 10, 2011

The Eternal Ones

The Eternal OnesThe Eternal Ones by Kirsten Miller


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




The Eternal Ones is not impressive as I thought it would be. It is a fast paced book but it doesn’t have the excitement I’m looking for. I am expecting a lot from this book because the story plot sounds so interesting. I am hopeless romantic and reincarnation is certainly most intriguing for me. But I was so disappointed because the story was not executed really well, mainly because of the unrealistic way of how the characters portrayed the reincarnating stuff. I do understand that Constance and Ethan waited for so long to be together again and continue their life together but how Haven and Iain (in the present) reactions when they finally saw each other is just unreal. Come on, they haven’t even spend a minute together and they were kissing like crazy. And then Haven just agreed to be with him immediately with no reservations, though she did hesitate a tiny bit and had a little doubt with him but it occurs only after they spend so many days together. Haven actions irritated me, one minute he hates Iain and then loves him again. Her stubbornness and impulsiveness to act without thinking is just annoying.


The fact that bothered me the most is that I was not convinced of how true, deep and powerful Haven and Iain’s love for each other, or should I say Constance and Ethan. Everything is too convenient. They don’t even need to introduce each other, they just know it. Well considering the fact that there is their visions and stuff about their past life but it is just unbelievable. And the mystery part in it is really not that good. Adam Rosier is not even that creepy.


Well even though I am not satisfied with what I’ve read I don’t despise the book completely. It is slight ok but I am not sure if I can continue on with the series. Though I think the story has a potential to be good, I don’t think I can tolerate Haven now.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment