Home

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Carrier of the Mark

Carrier of the Mark (Carrier Trilogy, #1)Title: Carrier of the Mark 
Author: Leigh Fallon
Series: Carrier Trilogy 1
Published: October 4, 2011 by HarperTeen
Format: Paperback 
Pages: 342
Genre: YA Paranormal


My rating: ★ ★ ★

Summary:From the moment she sets foot at her new school in Ireland, Megan is inexplicably drawn to the darkly handsome Adam DeRis. But Megan soon discovers that her feelings for Adam are tied to a supernatural fate that was sealed long ago—and that the passion and power that unites them could be their ultimate destruction. 


My Thoughts: 
Aarrgg… That is my initial reaction at the first 50 or so pages of the book. I wanted to drop it, walk away from it and just forget about it. But I didn’t, though I am frustrated about the story it somehow captured my attention and curiosity. And amazingly I was able to finish the book without even realizing it.


So now why am I disappointed at it in the beginning? Well mainly because this book is undeniably very much alike to “Twilight” . I can’t help myself but compare it. Everything is similar, from the characters, to the plot, the accident even the “guardian”. Everything is freaking the same! It’s like I am reading twilight all over again with just a different name of character and place. But even though I am somewhat annoyed, I still had fun reading it. I can’t even explained why but admit it is an enjoyable read. There’s magic in this book that I can’t even comprehend.


There are some facts that I did like about this book. First Megan is a likable character. Yes she is indeed not a perfect one but I like the fact that she is not an outcast here. Even though she is a newbie, she is able to make friends. She is more confident and independent that I expected her to be. And she is not super clingy to Adam, I like that about her.


Adam’s character is pretty ok too. I love his mysteriousness a little bit. The main thing that I like about him is that he is not indestructible!


The supporting characters are given enough emphasis in the story. Aine, Rian, Fionn and Caitlin had enough exposure, not too overwhelming.


Carrier of the Mark , I admit, is a good and delightful read but not in an original way. Some may love it and some may hate it. It is a typical ya paranormal story that everybody seems to love nowadays. I may not like it to the max but I did enjoyed reading it.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment