Home

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Soul Thief

Soul Thief (The Demon Trappers #2)Title: Soul Thief 
Author: Jana Oliver
Series: The Demon Trappers # 2
Published: August 30, 2011 by St. Martin's Griffin
Format: Paperback, US Edition
Pages: 339
Genre: Ya Urban Fantasy/Paranormal


My rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
Seventeen-year-old Riley has about had it up to here. After the devastating battle at the Tabernacle, trappers are dead and injured, her boyfriend Simon is gravely injured, and now her beloved late father’s been illegally poached from his grave by a very powerful necromancer. As if that’s not enough, there's Ori, one sizzling hot freelance demon hunter who’s made himself Riley’s unofficial body guard, and Beck, a super over-protective “friend” who acts more like a grouchy granddad.  With all the hassles, Riley’s almost ready to leave Atlanta altogether.But as Atlanta’s demon count increases, the Vatican finally sends its own Demon Hunters to take care of the city’s “little” problem, and pandemonium breaks loose. Only Riley knows that she might be the center of Hell’s attention: an extremely powerful Grade 5 demon is stalking her, and her luck can't last forever…


My Thoughts: 
Why?! Why did she need to end this book that way! I think I am going crazy, I need the third book right now!


Soul Thief is an insane but incredible story! I love this book way more than the first book “The Demon Trappers Daughter” (or Forsaken in my UK edition book). Everything in this book is just fantastic. Characters became more mature and the plot is definitely one hell of a read! It literally made my head spin like crazy!


Riley Blackthorne is still the same tough heroine that I love. She maybe a little bit emotional in this book but it was appropriate in her situation. I am now convinced that Simon is one of my not so favorite characters; I really don’t like him at all at the first book and hate him more now. Ori is very intriguing, though he portrays a role I didn’t expect, I think there is more to him than just meets the eye. But Beck, he is still the same dependable and fantastic character that I love from the beginning. He is not perfect but yet he is so fascinating.


Everything about the story is surprising. The revelations and the twist in Riley’s life are beyond belief. Everything happens so fast I barely had time to breathe. Definitely an action packed read that captured my attention entirely. I savored every page because it is really that good. And the ending, it literally made me scream! But everything about this book is marvelous so I’ll just let it pass. Can’t wait to devour the next book in the series.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment