Home

Thursday, March 10, 2011

IF I STAY by Gayle Forman


If I Stay (If I Stay, #1)
Add caption
In a single moment, everything changes. Seventeen-year-old Mia has no memory of the accident; she can only recall riding along the snow-wet Oregon road with her family. Then, in a blink, she finds herself watching as her own damaged body is taken from the wreck...
A sophisticated, layered, and heartachingly beautiful story about the power of family and friends, the choices we all make—and the ultimate choice Mia commands.




What would you do if you had to choose?

I was captivated by the tagline of the book and I found myself asking what would I do?

It was about Mia, a girl who had everything. A family whom she loves the most. Her boyfriend is so gorgeous, adoring, and who loves her back dearly. And a bright future in music under her hands. And then an accident changes everything. Now Mia needs to make the most important decision in her life.

This book is tragic yes but somehow full of love. It makes me realize the importance of life. And the impact of our decisions, our choices... Mia faces it all... And surprise, suprise the one who makes me cry here is not Mia but Gramps. But you need to read it to find out why. Everything is tackled here including the part when you learned how to let someone go. It is a heartbreaking, beautifully crafted book that for sure will leave an imprint in your heart. 

ratings: 5 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment