Home

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Divergent

DivergentDivergent by Veronica Roth

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Surprisingly good! No, it’s awesome! Now I can see why there is a big hype on this book. Yes, this is one book that you can’t afford to miss and you’ll know why after you read it.



I’ve read a pretty good amount of dystopian kind of story and I thought that “Divergent” would just be the same with those. But boy! I am so wrong… Divergent offers us a different kind that will surely leave a mark. I love the society in here, how the people were divided into different groups (or in their case Faction).



The characters are just amazing! I totally admire Tris determination; she is such a courageous girl. I love how her weaknesses become her strength. Four portrays a character that is so fierce but yet someone you can surely depend on. Christina, Will and Al are some characters are that you will not forget. I totally despised Peter and Eric, hate them so much! I think the characters are the important factor in the story. And I am really surprised to know that there is a love story in this but I would say that it was done nicely. It is just sweet and will not overwhelm the readers.



I love the writing. It is simple yet fantastic (if you know what I mean). There are no dull moments in this book. I am simply entertained chapter every chapter. I admit that there are parts or scenes that are too violent for my taste but I think that it is realistic in terms of their society. Nonetheless “Divergent” is a phenomenal debut novel that I enjoy and love.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment