Home

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Anna and the French Kiss

Anna and the French KissTitle: Anna and the French Kiss 
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Published: Dec. 2, 2010 by Dutton
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 372
Genre: YA Contemporary/ChickLit


My rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.


My Thoughts:


Wow! “Anna and the French Kiss” is definitely one of my favorite reads of ALL time. It is amazingly good! A fluffy, delicious and enticing story that I’m willing to gobble up anytime!


I do have high expectations on this book; I’ve been pining for this ever since it was released. After such a long wait, I finally got a copy. I’m so excited that I immediately dropped what I’m reading and started on this one. And it didn’t disappoint. I am so impressed on how Stephanie Perkins created the story of Anna and St. Clair. The characters are flawed, physically and emotionally, yet they seem so perfect. I love how realistic the characters are. Anna and St. Clair doesn’t seem like a fictional character, they are so real! They are just normal teens, doing ordinary stuffs. Having fun with friends, fights with them. Deals with life dramas, fall in love, make stupid mistakes. But the way it was created, so wonderful and mesmerizing. The chemistry between the two of them is so perfect. I love their teasing and constant bickering, so sweet.


It is beautifully written, no doubt about that. Pacing is just right. The romance is perfect, not overwhelming, it will make your toes tingle. A gripping tale of friendship and love, the kind of book I’ve been craving to read for such a long time. St. Clair didn’t just steal Anna’s heart, he stole mine too.


(While I’m reading this, I visualized Alex Pettyfer as St. Clair. I just can’t help it, he is such a hottie!!! )






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment