Home

Saturday, July 16, 2011

Entwined

EntwinedEntwined by Heather Dixon

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Entwined is a dashingly beautiful story. A fairy tale that I enjoyed reading. I felt like I was a kid again. I never expected that I am going to love it but I did, and I am so glad that I read it despite my hesitations.

Entwined is a retelling of The Twelve Dancing Princesses (I think) which I have not read… since I haven’t read that story I cannot make any comparison between the two books. I do like the story plot of this one, the princesses, the dancing, the magic, the evil one. There is a little bit romance involved with the older ones, Azalea, Bramble and Clover, that is just sweet and nicely done. Though I do like the book I have a few minor issues with the characters, particularly the 11 princesses, the youngest Lily is way too young to make an impression. I think the sisters are kind of immature and selfish, their mother just died and they are still in mourning but they can’t give up dancing. They will do anything just to dance. I can’t understand the point of that one, they are so obsessed with dancing that they didn’t care that their mother just died and their father, the King, is at war. It’s freaking unbelievable… I sometimes found Azalea annoying, and she is so stubborn that there are times that I hated her. She actually redeemed herself at the end though. I think the only character that I truly love here is the King. I don’t really know why but I do admire him.

Even though I do have some issues with some of the characters I still love this story. If you are craving for fantasy and magic kind of story, check this one out.




View all my reviews

1 comment:

  1. love the review. will check this one out soon. i miss reading fairy tales, so excited to read this

    ReplyDelete