Home

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The Secret Year

The Secret YearThe Secret Year by Jennifer R. Hubbard

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


Well I am pretty much speechless, I really don’t know exactly how I feel about this book. It’s good but I don’t think it surpasses the other contemporary story that I’ve read.



Let’s talk about the characters; Colt is a very interesting character. He is depressed and devastated over his lost, Julia died in a car accident. Julia and Colt have a very complicated relationship, they secretly seeing each other. Cole is having a hard time to cope, he eventually gotten hold of Julia’s diary and he thought that reading it will help him. But soon he realized that it is not that easy. I really don’t like Julia, by the way Colt describes her and relives her memories, their memories together, found her a bitch! She can’t decide what she really wanted so she ended up having it all instead of choosing. I didn’t pity her in any situation that she’s in, she chose it so she needs to deal with it. I feel very sad about Colt, I felt that Julia just used him as a scapegoat. And the way Colt acted towards Syd and Kirby, I was so disappointed.



The story is not that bad, it is good enough to hold my attention and read it. However I still feel like that nothing really happens. Colt is still confused and depressed. I don’t think he is ready to let Julia go and move on with his life. If the ending took a different turn, I may like it more. Oh well... I'm weird, I still like it but not that much though...





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment