Home

Monday, July 4, 2011

Entangled

EntangledEntangled by Cat Clarke

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Oh poor poor Grace… That’s all I can think after reading this book. I still can’t believe it ended that way. Am I disappointed? Well yes, a little bit but I still think that it is the right way to end it.

Entangled is a hardcore read, it evokes so many emotions. At the beginning I am so confused at the story, somehow getting frustrated. I can’t get the idea how Grace ended up in a white room. She tried to rethink her past through writing, her friendship with Sal, her growing relationship with Nat and her estranged relationship with her mum. Grace is not really an admirable character but still I adore her. She is stubborn and bitch, selfish and stupid. She is definitely not perfect, but her imperfections make me love her more. I am so mad and frustrated at her most at the time. But in the end I just wanted to hug her, real tight. After all, all she ever wanted was to be loved.

The plot of the story (Grace Life) is kind of common. I’ve read quite a few books that have the same story. What makes “Entangled” a unique one is how it was executed. It is different, and the writing is beautiful and easy to read. Although I kind of predicted what will happen to Grace but the ending really blew my mind off. I never expected it. I cried at the end, the scenes are so simple but yet it broke my heart. I really love the book but I can’t really say that I enjoyed reading it. Don’t get me wrong, the book is really really good but because Grace life is so sad and devastating, it affected me in a way I can’t imagine. Reading Entangled is highly recommended but be ready to be confused at first then get real emotional towards the end…




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment