Home

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Afterlife

Afterlife (Evernight, #4)Title: Afterlife 
Author: Claudia Gray
Series: Evernight # 4
Published: March 08, 2011 by HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 360
Genre: YA Paranormal/Vampires


My rating: ★ ★

Summary:
Destiny awaits Bianca and Lucas . . .Bianca and Lucas have always believed they could endure anything to be together. When a twist of fate not only transforms Bianca into a wraith but also turns Lucas into a vampire--the very creature he spent his life hunting--they are left reeling.
Haunted by his powerful need to kill, Lucas can turn to only one place for help . . . Evernight Academy. Bianca is determined to remain with him. But with the vampire leader of Evernight waging a war against wraiths, her former home has become the most dangerous place she could be, despite the new powers her ghostly transformation has given her.
A battle between wraiths and vampires looms, and Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They've overcome every obstacle life has thrown at them, but is their love strong enough to survive the challenges "after" life?


My Thoughts:


I really don’t like how this story ended. I think it is a great way to end the series but I was somehow disappointed on how things turned out. I can understand why Lucas turned into a vampire but Bianca as a wraith is just too weird. I mean for me, it is better if Bianca just died and never come back. But I can’t do anything about it right? That’s how “Hourglass” ended and how “Afterlife” started. So now, Lucas and Bianca situation is now more complicated than ever.


In order for Lucas to understand and control himself, he asked for the sanctuary of the Evernight Academy. And of course, their main goal is to find a way to be together again. I admit that Bianca kind of annoyed me to bits in this book. I’m not sure why but I am not really fascinated in her character on this. And Lucas is just ok. But I kind of lost any interest in their love story. The sparkle was long gone. The only thing that motivates me to finish this is to know how things will end. I find myself skipping too many pages. And now the ending, it was a disappointment for me. I admit it is a realistic and happy ending though but like I said I’m not a big fan of it. I’m sure that many readers will love how everything worked out for Bianca and Luca. I might like it too but it’s just too weird. My final verdict, Afterlife is still an okay book but it would be great if somehow the ending took on a different direction.










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment