Home

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Dark Mirror

Dark Mirror (Dark Passage, #1)Dark Mirror by M.J. Putney

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


Dark Mirror offers us a magical, fantasy world with a touch of history. And I would say that I truly enjoy reading this book.

Lady Victoria Mansfield, or Tory, discovers that she has a magic when she woke up floating in the air. In their time, aristocrat families despise magic. But the commons embrace it. Tory tried to hide her magic but when an accident involving her nephew occurred she has no choice left but to save him using her magic. And the consequences are brutal. She was sent to Lackland Abbey, a school who cured aristocrats tainted with magic. Tory intended to be a good student and go back to her old life. But she soon found out that the lure of magic is so strong. Her curiosities lead her to a tunnel where the rebels or “irregular” secretly trained. And she eventually joined them.

M.J. Putney fused together two historical events. And it was done fantastically. I was captivated by the magical ability of the characters and the way they are weaved to two different worlds. Though at some parts I found the story and the situation too simple I still had so much fun reading it. And a little touch of romance sealed it perfectly.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment