Home

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Elsewhere

ElsewhereElsewhere by Gabrielle Zevin

My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Initial reaction after reading: Wow! Breathless, still crying…



This is a story about Liz, who at the age of 15 died due to an accident. She is having a hard time accepting the fact that she is now dead. Then she has to deal with the new reality in her life, in a place called Elsewhere . In Elsewhere, she will live her life in reverse, wherein everyone there is getting younger, instead of getting older. Now Liz will need to let go of her previous life and must learn to embrace her new one.


I love the characters in this book. All of them have imperfections, but from those imperfections we will definitely learn a lot. The plot is splendid! a very unique one. I am so amazed in the world Gabrielle Zevin created, I wouldn’t mind living in it. The journey of Liz in Elsewhere is such a fascinating read. I love the irony of how she became more matured as she gets younger.


A once in a lifetime experience, Elsewhere is definitely a world I would like to revisit over and over again. Never had I thought that reading this will bring such pleasure and a thought-provoking one too. A little bit sad at the end though but at the same time gave us a new hope and beginning.





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment