Home

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Forsaken

Forsaken (The Demon Trappers, #1)Forsaken by Jana Oliver


My rating: 5 of 5 stars


Wow! Definitely this is one of my favorite 2011 debut novel. Forsaken ( aka The Demon Trapper’s Daughter ) surprises me a lot, in a good way. I never thought that I am going to love another YA urban fantasy novel as much as I love Cassandra Clare’s “The Mortal Instruments series”. But boy! I was so wrong. They may be some similarities in the story, fighting demons and stuff, but they are very different, Big Time!


Riley is a demon trapper, same as her father. And in the trapper’s guild she is the first and only female apprentice. I love her character, kick-ass lass. She is weak and she doesn’t know a lot of stuff but she acknowledges it. She has a very strong will power to stand-up and fight. And she is very relatable, though she is different from the rest; she is just a normal girl. Now let’s talk about the boys. There is Simon, Beck and Ori. Simon, I really don’t like him at all, found him too good to be true. Beck is the one that I really adore. Love his sarcasm and the way he treated and took care of Riley. And then there’s Ori, which I’ve been waiting for so long to show up in the story. And when he was finally introduced (after reading 300+ pages), I don’t think he made an impression. Yes, he is definitely a mysterious one but I really don’t get his role in the story. Is he really a big part of it???


Anyway, if you are looking for a good love interest in the story you might be disappointed. Yes there is definitely a love part in it but it wasn’t explored and emphasized well. I think that the love aspect of the story was a little bit rushed and awkward. But it doesn’t hurt the story plot at all because it is so amazing enough without Riley getting into a relationship. Like I said the plot is great, I love the demon trapper thing and their world that Jana Oliver created. I wanted to learn more about it.


All in all, Forsaken is an action-packed, breathtaking ride that you want to immerse yourself with. You will not be disappointed.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment