Home

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The Maze Runner

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner, #1)The Maze Runner by James Dashner


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




I am expecting a lot from this book and sadly I was disappointed with it. I heard so many raving reviews about this one but I am one of those few who didn’t find The Maze Runner amazing and it is just so sad…


First as much as I wanted to I didn’t enjoy reading this book. The story pace is so slow that I get bored just reading 5 chapters of it. I can’t connect with the characters, Thomas is freaking annoying, and honestly all of them are annoying. They are so cocky and trying to act so tough but I really don’t see the point of being rude to each other. I hate the suspense, clueless thing. I read almost 200 pages and still the information are withheld like crazy and I don’t think it is necessary. I mean come on, can you at least give us a little info to hold on. I actually dropped the book to read a different one because I can’t take it anymore. But I gave it another go hoping that somehow I will like it but nah, total failure.


The characters are supposed to be “smart” but honestly I don’t see any smart things that they’ve done. And they are living in that freaking maze for two years. And all they need is the presence of Thomas and Teresa to figure it all out? And the Grievers didn’t really make an impact to the story. They don’t feel dangerous or scary even. Actually the story plot is good but the way it was delivered is not really great.


So in the end, although I finished it, my views didn’t change. It was ok but I don’t freaking like it. I can tolerate it more if only the characters showed some great traits or substance.







View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment