Home

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Lola and the Boy Next Door

Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
Title: Lola and the Boy Next Door
Author: Stephanie Perkins
Published: Sept. 29, 2011 by Dutton
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 338
Genre: YA Contemporary/ChickLit


My Rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
Budding designer Lola Nolan doesn’t believe in fashion . . . she believes in costume. The more expressive the outfit -- more sparkly, more fun, more wild -- the better. But even though Lola’s style is outrageous, she’s a devoted daughter and friend with some big plans for the future. And everything is pretty perfect (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the dreaded Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. 
When Cricket -- a gifted inventor -- steps out from his twin sister’s shadow and back into Lola’s life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


My Thoughts: 


Wow! This is definitely one of my favorite read of 2012. Lola and the Boy Next Door is simple yet truly fascinating story that I can’t help but fall in love with.


The characters as always are just wonderful. Lola is such a hilarious one yet so fabulous. I love her unique ideas and style on dressing up. She is just mesmerizing. I think I love Lola better than Anna. It’s just that I found her more confident and surer on her actions. But with the guys, that’s entirely a different story, a tough one. I can’t deny the fact that I love St. Clair, I even want my own one, but Cricket is equally fantastic and lovable. Choosing between Cricket and St. Clair is so freaking hard so I will just love them both. Maybe because they are very similar alike yet so different. They are both good in their own swoon-worthy ways.


Anna and St. Clair participation in the story was really a good addition in the story. They played a small part on it but a remarkable one. St. Clair as expected is just amusing, captivating and very charming.


And oh yes! Stephanie Perkins certainly did it again! She created another simple but extraordinary story. Got to admit that Anna and Lola’s story has some situations that are very similar but the way she worked on it is just unbelievably exceptional. Her writing style has a magic touch that you will have no choice but be enthralled with the story.


I love it, I love it really! I definitely can’t wait to read the story of Isla.




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment