Home

Sunday, November 20, 2011

A Clash of Kings

A Clash of Kings (A Song of Ice and Fire, #2)Title: A Clash of Kings 
Author: George R.R. Martin
Series: A Song of Ice and Fire # 2
Published: republished 2011 by Bantam (1st published 01/01/1996)
Format: Mass Market Paperback
Pages: 1009
Genre: Adult High Fantasy


My rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★



Summary:  A comet the color of blood and flame cuts across the sky. And from the ancient citadel of Dragonstone to the forbidding shores of Winterfell, chaos reigns. Six factions struggle for control of a divided land and the Iron Throne of the Seven Kingdoms, preparing to stake their claims through tempest, turmoil, and war. It is a tale in which brother plots against brother and the dead rise to walk in the night. Here a princess masquerades as an orphan boy; a knight of the mind prepares a poison for a treacherous sorceress; and wild men descend from the Mountains of the Moon to ravage the countryside. Against a backdrop of incest and fratricide, alchemy and murder, victory may go to the men and women possessed of the coldest steel...and the coldest hearts. For when kings clash, the whole land trembles.

My Thoughts: 



I love and enjoyed reading “A Game of Thrones” so I’m asking myself if I am going to love this book. After reading it, heck yes! I love every page and every chapter of it. I was not disappointed and I had fun reading it despite the heaviness of the content.


The characters as expected are superb. Jon Snow, Arya Stark and Tyrion Lannister are my favorite characters of all. Love them on the first book, love them more now. I am actually surprised that I like Sansa now because I totally hate her before. Her attitude improved a lot after what happened to her life. Daenerys took a little step back, she is not in the book that much and it’s sad because I like her character, how strong and feisty she is. Tyrion, he is such a clever, devious man. He never fails to surprise me. Every steps and decision he made is a astounding.


The conspiracy, deception, betrayal, and loss in the story are so intense that it makes my jaw drop, totally awestruck. I am always amazed on how the events turned out never expecting that it will happen that way. Not a single chapter disappointed me. Clearly it was a brilliant and fantastic story. I can’t wait to read the rest of the series.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment