Home

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Iron King

The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1)The Iron King by Julie Kagawa


My rating: 4 of 5 stars




Ratings: 4.5 stars


I have high expectations on the Iron Fey series, heard it is amazing, fantastic, great! Well, after reading “The Iron King” my expectations were met but am I in love with it? Not yet but getting there.


Why???


Maybe because I wasn't fascinated with Meghan Chase that much. Most part of the book I am so annoyed with her. Her impulsiveness, mostly in her decisions, is just irritating. But she is ok, I really don’t hate her but I’m not drawn to her yet.


Maybe because saving someone dear to the protagonist who is taken captive by the faery/fey is very much the same story that I’ve read before. Which in this case, Meghan’s little brother was taken and she needs to save him. And there she discovers that she is not what she thinks she is. Pretty familiar? Yeah, I but I love that kind of story so no worries, but it kind of bothered me a little bit though.


But I am going to admit that the world building in this story is brilliant! Nevernever is breathtaking, I am in awe, and the description is just stunning! It makes me want to jump in there and be part of it. I love how different yet familiar her faeries is.


Ash and Puck, these two lovely guys just totally made my day! Well, as of this moment I am still undecided who I love the most, but both of them is just amazing I just can’t select right now. I love Ash mysteriousness and his bewitching charms, and do I need to say being a devastatingly handsome one doesn't hurt his caliber. But I love Puck’s easy going attitude, his playfulness and him being so sweet to Meghan. I know that Meghan chose Ash over Puck, and I am too I think, but I can’t help but feel sorry for Puck. Feel sorry for the “best friends” who have done everything but got nothing in return. Well I can’t really blame Meghan because Ash is just so enchanting and irresistible. I think he just needs to convince me more.










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment