Home

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Shade

ShadeShade by Jeri Smith-Ready


My rating: 3 of 5 stars




ratings: 3.5 stars


I have mixed feelings about this book “Shade” . I didn’t like it at first but the plot is pretty interesting so I gave it a chance. I really had a hard time getting into the story; I think if not for the ending I wouldn’t like it at all.


I’m not really impressed with the characters particularly Aura. Aura is so childish and immature most of the time. I can’t find any special thing about her. Logan came off as an arrogant one. I just can’t get into his character. While Zachary , who supposed to be this mysterious and amazing guy, but I still think that something is missing. I just can’t pinpoint what but his character is still somehow weak.


Like I said before, the plot is interesting. It is a haunting tale that is different from what I’ve read before. I love the mystery between the Shades, the ghost, and the story between the pre-shift and the post-shift. I am so curious of what is the connection between Aura and Zachary. However it was not explained further, maybe because it was just the first book in the series. I’m not really impressed with this story, I found it not compelling enough. But I think the ending save it for me. I was amazed and so curious now that it made me want to read the next book, Shift . Plus, I read the sneak peek of Shift so I am interested now in continuing with the series.










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment