Home

Monday, November 14, 2011

Unearthly

Unearthly (Unearthly, #1)Title: Unearthly 
Author: Cynthia Hand
Series: Unearthly # 1
Published: January 04, 2011 by HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 435
Genre: YA Paranormal/Fantasy, Angels


My rating: 
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
In the beginning, there's a boy standing in the trees . . . .Clara Gardner has recently learned that she's part angel. Having angel blood run through her veins not only makes her smarter, stronger, and faster than humans (a word, she realizes, that no longer applies to her), but it means she has a purpose, something she was put on this earth to do. Figuring out what that is, though, isn't easy.
Her visions of a raging forest fire and an alluring stranger lead her to a new school in a new town. When she meets Christian, who turns out to be the boy of her dreams (literally), everything seems to fall into place—and out of place at the same time. Because there's another guy, Tucker, who appeals to Clara's less angelic side.
As Clara tries to find her way in a world she no longer understands, she encounters unseen dangers and choices she never thought she'd have to make—between honesty and deceit, love and duty, good and evil. When the fire from her vision finally ignites, will Clara be ready to face her destiny?


My Thoughts:
Unearthly is definitely one of my favorite angel books. It is really refreshing that the main character, Clara , knows she is part angel. At least it is a little bit different from what I’m used to reading.


The characters are really good. I love Clara’s relationship with her mom and brother and how open they are to their nature. However there is still some mysteriousness left in Clara’s life that needs to be discovered. I really like Christian but unfortunately his character was not explored really well. His façade is well to perfect. But Tucker, oh boy, he is amazing! I love everything about him, his sarcasm and wits. He is annoying but sweet at the same time. I love Tucker and Clara’s chemistry together.


Plot is really fantastic too. Clara has a mission to save someone else’s life that‘s why they move. And then there she discovered a lot about herself and the boy she needs to save, which is Christian of course. The twist and turn of the story is superb. I was surprised of the revelations at the end. I found myself craving for more. And yeah, I am team Tucker for now but we will see if Christian can change my mind. I’m expecting that there will be more about him on the next book so there is a possibility that I will like Christian too.










View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment