Home

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The Mockingbirds

The Mockingbirds (The Mockingbirds, #1)The Mockingbirds by Daisy Whitney


My rating: 2 of 5 stars




ratings: 2.5 stars


The Mockingbirds is a story about Alex who is date-raped by Carter and how she struggled to be free from that burden. It is a good story but the way it was told was not. I feel so bad giving it a low rating but I can’t deny it, I am not impressed with this book.


Alex is not a convincing character; I don’t feel any compassion towards her. Alex emotions lacks of power or intensity. Yes she is afraid, mad, confused, and angry but did I feel it? No I definitely did not. Her reaction as a rape victim is unbelievable. She is too calm and composed, for me a little distress in her life would be good in her character.


I also found the story too predictable. I already know what will happen at the end after “the mockingbirds” came to the story. And also the way the story was told were completely lame. It doesn’t need to play with our emotions but it needs more to evoke something, to at least have sympathy towards Alex.


Though I clearly didn’t like this book that much, I really love the main point of the story, the power of speaking up for your rights and for yourself. And also I found the “mockingbirds society” pretty cool. But aside from that I don’t have any more positive thing to say about this book so I’ll just stop now.








View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment