Home

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Beautiful Darkness

Beautiful Darkness (Caster Chronicles, #2)Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


A slow, slow book... I nearly gave up on reading Beautiful Darkness. I enjoyed reading Beautiful Creatures despite the thickness of the book. But this one really get on my nerves so many times. It was so disappointing. And Lena?! I hate her! She's so whiny, she can't make up her mind. Always, always making a bad decision. And I just had this feeling that she only wanted to save herself! I know, that she actually saved ethan's life or rather bring ethan back but the way she acted after that was so frustating. I found myself loathing on her more as the book progresses. I think if not for Ethan I won't even bother to finish this book. Ethan's character is just amazing that I don't think Lena deserves him. I want another girl for Ethan and I'm thinking "Liv". Now that lady is surely likable!



I still love the plot, it is amazing really despite my hate for Lena and the slow part for almost half of the book. Ethan, Amma, Ridley and Link are such fantastic characters. For me they are the reasons why I actually endured and finished this book.



I just wished that Beautiful Chaos will be a little bit faster and exciting...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment