Home

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Die For Me

Die For Me (Revenants, #1)Title: Die for Me 
Author: Amy Plum
Series: Revenants # 1
Published: May 10, 2011 by HarperTeen
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 341
Genre: YA Paranormal/Romance


My rating:
★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
My life had always been blissfully, wonderfully normal. But it only took one moment to change everything.
Suddenly, my sister, Georgia, and I were orphans. We put our lives into storage and moved to Paris to live with my grandparents. And I knew my shattered heart, my shattered life, would never feel normal again. Then I met Vincent.
Mysterious, sexy, and unnervingly charming, Vincent Delacroix appeared out of nowhere and swept me off my feet. Just like that, I was in danger of losing my heart all over again. But I was ready to let it happen.
Of course, nothing is ever that easy. Because Vincent is no normal human. He has a terrifying destiny, one that puts his life at risk every day. He also has enemies . . . immortal, murderous enemies who are determined to destroy him and all of his kind.
While I'm fighting to piece together the remnants of my life, can I risk putting my heart--as well as my life and my family's--in jeopardy for a chance at love?

My Thoughts:

I am absolutely, completely in love with this book. From the characters, to the plot, to the uniqueness of it. Amazing! I’ve read too many paranormal genre books lately that I expected “Die for me” won’t have that big explosion on me. But boy! I was wrong. It kind of refreshes me and this book made me fall in love again with the character, which I rarely did recently. This is the kind of story that I am craving so badly!


I will talk about the characters, why I love them so much! Kate (our main protagonist) and Georgia are sisters who lost their parents in a car accident. They moved from Brooklyn to Paris to live with Mamie and Papy (their grandparents). They cope differently. Georgia became a party animal, going our every night to block her agony while Kate preferred to be alone. Kate first met or rather saw Vincent in a café the day she decided to go out and slowly rebuild her life. Now Vincent of course is gorgeous and mysterious, a deadly combination. Have an air of arrogance and confidence. And Kate was immediately drawn to him. Vincent is the one who could give “Edward Cullen” a run for his money in my opinion.


Kate and Vincent love story are quite realistic. I love how Kate hesitated at first. And then she even tried to stay away from him because being with Vincent evokes so many painful feelings that she is trying to forget and no intentions to endure again. But eventually she gave it a try. Their relationship flourishes as it progresses. I really love how Kate had a crush on him at first, like him and then fell in love with him in a nice pace, not too slow or too fast.


Some characters that I truly adore are Charlotte, Ambrose and Jules. Charlotte because she is like the best friend that Kate badly needed. I love how she is so perfect outside yet has so many flaws and insecurities inside. That is so real! Ambrose reminded me of a cuddly big brother but is ready to defend you anytime. And Jules of course! He is talented, handsome, funny and charming. If not because of Vincent, I will choose him over for Kate. I think Jules has a little bit crush for Kate based on how he reacted towards her.


I won’t have a detailed summary about the plot because I might give out some spoilers if I do. But I truly, truly love the idea of the immortality aspects and how well it was executed. The idea of “revenants” is fairly new to me and I don’t mind mingling in their world over and over again. Plus it was set in Paris that makes it more mysterious and romantic. “Die for me” is definitely a stunningly beautiful story. A compelling tale of destiny and romance, absolutely irresistible!




View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment