Home

Monday, April 4, 2011

Falling Under

Falling Under (Falling Under, #1)Title: Falling Under 
Author: Gwen Hayes
Series: Falling Under # 1
Published: March 01, 2011 by NAL
Format: Paperback
Pages: 324
Genre: YA Paranormal


My rating: ★ ★ ★ ★

Summary:
Theia Alderson has always led a sheltered life in the small California town of Serendipity Falls. But when a devastatingly handsome boy appears in the halls of her school, Theia knows she's seen Haden before- not around town, but in her dreams.
As the Haden of both the night and the day beckons her closer one moment and pushes her away the next, the only thing Theia knows for sure is that the incredible pull she feels towards him is stronger than her fear.
And when she discovers what Haden truly is, Theia's not sure if she wants to resist him, even if the cost is her soul.


My Thoughts:

This is one of the books that the story plot is too common and similar to other books that I've already read but I still enjoyed reading it a lot... Like I said the plot is not so original, a kinda outcast girl without realizing that she is way more beautiful than the popular one. Then a new mysterious boy transferred to their school. Yeah, stuff like that... Their relationship is also a fast one too. And there are some scenes that is too similar to Twilight...


Theia and Haden is one the most lonely characters I've ever encountered. And maybe that is the reasons why it made me love them more. And what I love the most about the book is the minor characters, Donny, Amelia, "Madame Varnie" and even Gabe. Without them the book will not be as interesting as it is... I love the twist and turns in the story, and most of all the sacrifices that both Theia and Haden can endure just too save each other...


It is pretty well wrapped up but I don't mind reading the sequel of it...



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment