Home

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The Body Finder

The Body Finder (Body Finder, #1)The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


4.5 stars.



I didn’t expect that I’m going to love ‘the body finder’ this much. It’s just simply amazing. The plot is great, I really like the execution of the mystery/thrilling part of the book and yet at the same time dealing with Violet Ambrose love dilemma.



Violet Ambrose is not our typical teenager. She can sense dead bodies. How creepy is that?! But I love the uniqueness of the echo thingy that attaches to the victims and their killer. How she can taste it and that there’s a distinct sound that she can hear from them. It is really the first time that I have encountered like that.



I also love the relationship between Violet and Jay, her best friend. How their friendship developed into something wonderful, their love for each other. And oh! Violet is not an outcast. She has 3 wonderful friends, Chelsea, Claire and Jules. Yey for that! Though she still does not belong to the popular ones, but at least she belongs to the normal group. And I love that!



I love the writing style, everything is well balanced. The pacing is great, not too slow nor too fast. I am a big fan of James Patterson mystery/thrilling novels and for me, in my opinion Kimberly Derting is like the female version of him. And her book is like the young adult version of it. I love it!





View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment